Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday v.117

The knitting is back, baby!  I'm so excited that I was finally able to get a project started, I can't stand it.  After weeks (months?) of having not the right yarn (some times) or not the right needles (almost always) for anything I wanted to knit, I *finally* managed to push through and get a pair of socks started.  They're nothing fancy by a loooooong stretch, just 3 x 1 ribbing, but they're knitting -- and at this point, I'll take it.

Here's the sock in question:



They might possibly end up being the ugliest socks I've ever seen, but I totally don't care.  Well, I care a little bit, but enough to stop.  I've had this skein of self-striping yarn in my stash for ages. Before I tore into it, it looked like this:



A little loud, but not bad.  I've never knit with self-striping yarn before, and really wanted to give it a try.  Now I'm just confused.  Red!  Green!  Yellow!  Rasta socks!  With... pink and blue?  And peach?  For serious?  I'm unimpressed.  But I am beyond happy to be knitting again so I will not complain.  Very much.

In other news, the sale of Mr. Right's house closes in about an hour, and we're mostly unpacked and settled here, so I get to squeeze in a little blogging now and again, and hopefully catch up on my bloggy reading and see what y'all have been up to while I've been moving house.  Yay!  I also managed to squeeze in my first Zumba class this morning, and wow.  The only way I could manage to look any dorkier is if I were to be wearing those socks.  It's definitely time to work on the coordination a bit. 

So while I'm over here practicing my salsa moves, you go check out all the rest of the WIPW entries over at Tami's.  I'll see you there!

9 comments:

  1. I tried Zumba last week and I was so glad to see that almost everyone there is also uncoordinated like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yarn for the socks. Someday I'll knit a pair.

    For me, the trick with the zumba classes is to be free and of course, as you say, work on the coordination but mostly, just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some crazy socks!! but knitting again is definitely good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours! Not ugly at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, they won't be the ugliest socks, ever. I've got a few submissions I'd like to throw in the ring as contenders. :-D Glad to see you're knitting again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you hate that yarn. You could always send those socks to me :) I think they'd be awesome with jeans and sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the socks! I agree that they would be great with jeans. Although, I think they might be to hot to zumba in ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to tell about self-striping yarns sometimes. I love the colorful stripes in your sock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...I totally think you should wear those socks to Zumba. They are so offbeat, your class will think you must be cutting-edge super-stylish. =D

    ReplyDelete