Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday v,58

Greetings from Pennsylvania!  I'm officially on vacation as of this morning, so this will be short and sweet.  I'm officially in love with Little Red in the City.  It's so packed with good information, and useful stuff that I think it's worth the money even if you don't want to knit a single pattern in the book.  And I'm a cheapskate, so that's a pretty heavy endorsement.

I'm also officially in love with Angostura.  So in love, that were Angostura a person (instead of a pattern), there might be a restraining order involved.  Seriously.  I knit all the way across the country today, from Denver to Philadelphia.  First, on a jumbo jet from Denver to Washington DC.  Then on an eensy little plane from DC to Philly:
IMG_2387
I can't remember the last time I walked across the tarmac to board a plane.  It was a little scary, but I was undeterred.  And, 2000 or so miles later, LOOK what I made:
IMG_2388
This is most of the back.  I love how the cables look, and how they create shaping in this pattern.  This one pulls in at the small of the back, and the two smaller designs on the front do the same under the umm... front.  Right then.

Moving on... I also brought Sock with me, but it's definitely taken a back seat to the shiny new project.  I'll get back to it though because it's beginning to be a little bit Fall here, and the socks will be coming out soon.  I know this because I had the first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season the other day.  It's sort of like the first robin of spring, but in reverse. 

Finally, lots of folks expressed interest in doing a sock yarn swap for the Beekeeper's Quilt.  Yay!  I'm happy to host. I still need to work out details, but for now, I have a burning question:  Do we want to use any and all sock yarn, or limit it to superwash?  Voice your vote in the comments.  If you haven't spoken up yet, there's plenty of time to join in.  I think we'll aim for getting things rolling around October 15.  More details to come once I'm home.  Stay tuned!

And now, if you'll excuse me I have some serious vacationing to do.  I promise to hit up all the WIPW blog entries at some point in the near future, though -- right after I hop down to Maryland for a crabcake tomorrow.

 Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you made a lot of progress. It is a beautiful looking pattern, I might have to make it pretty soon myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh lovely! The colour is beautiful. That pattern is definitely on my list - I've been wanting a good vest for ages. Enjoy your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Angostura is lovely! I've heard nothing but great things about Little Red in the City. Obviously I'm going to have to get it.
    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pattern and color. Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly like that about Pumpkin Spice Lattes :) You are an enviously speedy knitter, and your Angostura is absolutely beautiful! Have fun on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Angostura is exquisite! Love the color and the design... so beautiful and ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater is looking great. Have fun on your vacation.

    It's actually feeling fallish here. Well, fall for the desert, not the fall that I'm used to.

    I'll go with the crowd as to SW or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you've done loads.
    Glad your enjoying this pattern.
    Have a fab trip. How long are you away for??
    take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop tempting me with the puffs already!! Did you see autumgeisha's amazing puff this week? You guys are crazy! um... you know I'm in right?
    Love love love the sweater. Gorgeous pattern and a seriously awesome colour.

    ReplyDelete