Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday v.56

This, my friends, is a VERY exciting Wednesday.  Okay, it's not *that* exciting, but given how things have been going lately, I think it counts...

You see, it's WIPW, and you don't get to see a picture of the Vest From Hell today.  That's because it'll make its debut (and final bow), on FO Friday instead!  Whee!  I have only one armhole left to complete.  That's picking up 101 stitches, knitting 5 rows of sloppy 1x1 rib on clunky size 10 dpns, doing a serious happy dance, then blocking.  I can totally have that done by tomorrow night. 

And then it's back to my lonely little Hedgerow Sock, who's been sorely neglected this week while I concentrated on making the Vest a thing of the past.  No pictures of it either, since it looks much like it did when we last visited it.  However, I'm excited to get it growing again.

But really, I can't throw up a post with no pictures.  So, because I love you guys, I went out and bought an AMAZING book and took its picture:
IMG_2374
That is Ysolda Teague's new book, Little Red in the City ($32 on Amazon, $25 at my LYS.  Score!).  I plan on writing a proper review of it once I'm finished reading, but just to give you a sneak preview:  Go buy this book.  It is all kinds of awesome, and has chapters about choosing yarn for a project, making swatches that are *gasp* useful, and making a pattern fit your actual body (see Vest From Hell, above).  And it's all written so clearly.  I may swoon.

The other thing it contains is 7 fabulous sweater patterns, 5 of which I'm dying to knit.  First up for me is Angostura (Ravelry has better pics on the pattern page).  How cool is that?  I know, right?  Seriously cool.

You know what else is cool?  4 skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash in the colorway "Ruby" to make it with.  This color is definitely swoon-worthy.
IMG_2372
Come back next week to see an epic swatch, and hopefully the beginnings of a fabulous red vest to go with my new red socks.  Hmmm...  I'll have to cast on a third project just to break up the color monotony a bit.  Sexy Vesty, anyone?  I think I might have a go at that one, too...

Finally, for those of you following along, Mr. Right and I are still hanging in there, still working on stuff.  But, I'm sure you're getting tired of the same update every week (I know I am!), so I promise to tell you the instant anything exciting happens or gets resolved, but until then just assume that we're still plugging along.  I'm still basking in all the support and kind words y'all have left for us!

Now that the mushy stuff is out of the way, go check out everyone else's WIPW entries for actual projects on needles.  I'm sure there must be one or two...

14 comments:

  1. Yay, for getting to the end of the vest from hell. Looking forward to seeing your progress on your new project.

    Sending positive thoughts on your still hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you've got your game back :-) So excited to see the finished vest! I can't believe you've actually stuck it out this long... If it was me it would be screwed up in a ball in a cupboard by now lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love the yarn you've chosen for Angostura, it's perfect :) Little Red is such a fab book, I'm making Cria at the moment (although progress is slow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are giong to look so fabulous in all of that red. :)

    One of the women in my knitting group has made five variations on Sexy Vesty for her wardrobe; she swears by it. I say give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!! I downloaded the ebook on vacation because I finished yet another sweater that just doesn't fit as I had dreamed it would whilest knitting, knitting, knitting away. I too plan to do a proper review so that anyone who happens upon my blogpost will join us in touting the great work on Ysolda Teague!!!! Love the red yarn too. I am using red Cascade Ultra Pima for my Que Sera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that red. I have a project in mind in a similar deep red.
    cant wait to see the progress.
    Glad you're hanging in there!
    Nicky
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shade of red! I'm trying to find a cheaper version of that book! I want it so much but I'm just having a hard time justifying the steep price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great book! It is so jam packed with good stuff. I still haven't had a chance to go through my copy properly, but I've loved what I've read so far.

    And that red yarn is luscious! It would look gorgeous as a Sexy Vesty. Glad you and the Mr are doing ok too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pleased you are enjoying the book! It really is fab! Can't wait to see your FO x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for your review on that book! Seems like a good investment!

    Doesn't it feel good to be so close to finishing a big project? Will check back on Friday to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hooray for the finished vest! Can't wait to see it in all its glory. You'll be able to bask in that happy finished feeling for some time to come :-)

    I've heard wonderful things about the little red book. I may buy it just for the "how to make things that FIT" info.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on finishing the vest! I've been on a "from hell" project very recently, myself, so I know what a triumph it must be to finish! (OK, I don't know since I frogged the stupid thing.)

    I'm gonna have to come back on Friday to see it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so glad that you and Mr Right are still plugging along. I'm ALSO VERY excited to see the vest from hell make its FO Friday debut...or should I say one and only appearance!?

    I've heard some amazing stuff about that book. I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo can't wait to see the vest's big reveal on Friday! Well done for getting it finished! It's also nice to hear you sound so positive!

    ReplyDelete