Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday v.35

You know how people always say that God made babies and small children super cute so that you're less like to try and kill them when they misbehave?  I'd like to propose a corollary to that theory.  It's a shawl-related addendum.  Here goes:

Shawls start small and get bigger with each section so that you don't light them on fire and go knit something far more reasonable.

You see, the first 3 or so sections of the Super Secret Citron flew by so quickly that I felt like a super star.  And yet, the last one is kind of killing me.  Don't get me wrong, it's still a fun knit, and I'm still having a blast knitting it.  Mr. Right's even a fan since I can knit it while I watch a movie with him and actually pay attention to both.  It's generally a win-win.  All I'm saying is... If I'd started this thing with a 444 stitch row#1, row #2 would've been pretty unlikely.  As it is, I'm SO close to the finish I can almost taste it.  See...
Someone from my knitting group (Hi, Kris!) was kind enough to loan me a 32" circular to finish up with.  The pattern calls for a 24", but once I got north of 300 stitches, things were a bit cramped.  This makes it easier to maneuver, and reduces the likelihood that all of my stitches will slip off and unravel. And I recommend it if you're contemplating knitting one of these.

I had a pretty great weekend, so that's all the knitting I have to report this week.  We went to the Denver Auto Show on Saturday, which was way more fun than it sounds.  They had lots of pretty cars...
Turns out that I actually really need one of these.  Who knew?  I sure didn't.  It's a Mercedes SLS AMG. 

Isn't it pretty?  Sort of like having your own personal batmobile.  One of my girlfriends from California was in town this weekend, too.  So she came over for dinner on Sunday night and we got to hang out and do some serious catching up.  We had a blast.  I don't have any close girlfriends in Colorado, so whenever someone visits, I'm always shocked to remember that I have a whole pile of really good friends.  Friends are good.  It totally made my week.

That's all for me.  Go check out everyone else's weekly project over at WIPW.  I'm sure there are tons of other car picturs up this week. :)

11 comments:

  1. Your citron looks great! Keep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see another Citron, that pattern moves its way up in my mental queue. Yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your theory! I'm a glutton for projects with tons of stockinette stitch and even I was losing it near the end of my last Citron. It will be all worth it though, yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, good theory. I've lived through it and can attest to it's truth. Your Citron is looking fab. Almost done! Have lots of chocolate on hand for those laaaasstt few rows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl would look great with you driving that car :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I went through all the other post and there aren't any more cars! : )
    I love your Citron (la la la la but I'm not listening about the tediousness of it). It just looks to good to resist. The colour so beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was JUST going to say, that car looks like a silver bat mobile! LOL Very pretty car. The shawl looks great and can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol had to read your theory aloud to my GF. I totally agree! I'm working on a Shetland Pi Shawl that is currently at 576 sts and increases up to 1152!!

    I wouldn't have made it through casting on if it started that big. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are kinda scaring me away from doing a Citron (not really, but a little guilt goes a long way!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a sexy car!! Vroom Vroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Citron does look nice, but those last rows must be excruciating. That's near the top of my queue, so it's extra fun to see yours coming along.

    ReplyDelete