Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

FO Friday - Mini Version

The Mochi is Mini and FINI!  Yay for new socks!!  So on Wednesday, I mentioned that I had just a wee bit more to go to finish up sock #2.  It turns out that I was lying my face off.  Oops.  I actually had about half the foot to go.  But because I am insane, and didn't want to let anyone down... I finished it anyway.  Phew! That was a long haul -- and totally worth it.  Here they are, in all their it's-10:30-and-I-want-to-go-to-bed-style poorly photographed glory!
Seriously.  I promise to post better pictures this weekend.  Sheesh.  But at least you get one more badly lit and slightly blurry modeled shot:
I have to admit, I'm seriously in love with these.  They're super warm, and soft and cozy.  I'm curious to see how they wear, and promise to report back.  The yarn is great.  It splits like everyone says, and it has lots of thick and thins spots (also as everyone says), but for me, the amazing colors and the softness more than make up for the inconvenience.  Here's hoping they hold up.  Fingers crossed!

That's it for me this week.  I'm so impressed by all of you who whip out 2 or 3 projects a week.  I'm good for 1 or 2 a month, and that's if I go on laundry strike.  Y'all are some seriously talented knitters!  Now, head over to Tami's blog and check out everyone else's FO Friday goodies.  Then go have yourselves a fabulous weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty and cozy looking socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those socks! Want Want!!
    I have found my blog and FO Fridays to be really good motivation to get projects done too... and as I can tend towards the procrastination side of things (that's polite talk for being lazy), I can use all the motivation I can get!
    Hope you have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FOFriday Here
    Love the colors, and love how you forced yourself to finish by Friday. I know sometimes we think we're close to finishing something, then on 2nd look find out....argh, not so. Been there.
    Have a great wkend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I would think they would wear okay. I made a pair of Turkish bed socks from Mini Mochi. I wore a hole into the soles pretty quickly, BUT have to figure in: 1) I wore them as slipper socks every night 2) we have reclaimed wood floors that are not smooth, plus the planks are face nailed with big square head nails that like to pop up a little so I snagged often and 3) as Wes says, I am a "foot draggin' Noodard"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah cozy socks LOVELY!! Iv never made socks before, something I keep meaning to try but don't get around to!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, amazing job. I love them!!!! I can't wait to hear how they wear. I may have to make myself some mochi socks (well, when I can make socks). Thanks for taking one for the team and staying up late to finish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving it!! I love the colors too. I have a friend who swears by Mini Mochi for her socks. I just may have to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love those!!! the colors look so cozy!! i am curious how they will hold up because i'm in love with the color you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun socks! What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great colorway! Those look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knit a pair of monkeys out of Mini Mochi, and they've held up well, despite my teenager sending one through the washer AND the dryer. It's a little tighter than its mate and requires blocking after every wash (I run them through a rinse and spin cycle with my other hand knit socks with a little wool wash), but they are still wearable after nearly a year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those socks are fabulous! You've definitely put Mini Mochi on my list of yarns that I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the socks - they look really cozy! I've been tempted by the Mini Mochi colors, but I've heard a lot about it splitting, fuzzing, etc. Your experience makes me want to try some, though!

    ReplyDelete