Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oooooh! Shiny!

Something you probably don't know about me.  For the last year and a half or so, I've been phone-challenged.  It all started in an epic midwestern rainstorm while Mr. Right and I were driving home from visiting friends in Kansas.  I pulled over because I couldn't see.  Anything.  At all.  It was nuts.  We stopped at a rest stop, and decided to switch places, letting the brave Mr. Right drive.  We counted to 3, both hopped out of the truck and ran around to the other side.  When we got back in 5 seconds later, we both looked like we'd been stuffed into the washing machine.  We laughed it off, and drove out of the storm and down the highway.

About 20 minutes later, I had a thought...  "Where's my phone?"  Yep.  You guessed it.  It had fallen out at the rest stop.  We drove back and arrived just after the back wheel of a semi truck had run it over.  Smashed to smithereens.

Some friends were kind enough to lend me a phone that they'd just replaced with something new. And while it was a pretty basic phone, it worked well enough, and I was grateful to have it.  A month or so ago, the battery started to die.  And then I dropped it.  And the result was that every time I picked it up, the back fell off and the battery fell out.  Bummer.  Even bigger bummer?  The battery allowed about 2 and a half minutes of talk time on a full 8 hour charge.  I slogged along.

Three days ago, the screen flashed and went to a blank blue light.  No contacts, no messages, no nothing.  Just blue.  I was afraid it was going to turn to dust in my hands.  Proof?  Here you go...


The poor thing served me well, but was in desperate need of retirement.  Finally free of my previous contract, I took the plunge.  And last night, this arrived...


It's an LG Optimus S. I think I might be in love.  I can call people!  Even people whose phone number I don't know by heart!  And I can send and receive text messages.  I know, right?  The mind boggles.

Right now, my favorite thing is this...


I can totally listen to Johnny Cash if I want, which I did this afternoon, quite happily.  My other favorite thing?  Whack-a-Mole.  Why yes.  I am easy to please.  What makes you ask?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to explore the wonderful world of Charlie Brown ringtones.

No comments:

Post a Comment