Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm a cover girl!

If you don't know me in real life, you probably don't know that I'm a children's book editor.  I used to work on staff developing and writing books for a pretty big publisher.  I loved it.  Now I work on staff editing and writing picture books for a small publisher.  I love that too.

In the course of my job, I've written about a dozen books.  Some of them have sold a zillion copies and done really well.  Others, not so much.  All of them have one thing in common:  They either have someone else's name on the cover, or no name on the cover.  Until now...



Coming this Fall to a bookstore near you!  How cool is this?  No links for you though, since no one at work knows I blog and I'm not overly anxious to advertise it.  But, you can click on over to Amazon and type in the title (use my name or the illustrator's name along with it, otherwise you'll get some eye-opening results), you can see it in all its pre-order-able glory. 

Really, I can't take much credit for this, since the super-cool concept and the amazing artwork both belong to the illustrator.  The words definitely take a backseat in this book, and that's fine by me.  I'm just excited to finally see my name in lights!

Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I remember how ecstatic I was when I saw my name on the cover for the first time. Like you, my name was often left off the cover, relegated to the spine--if that.

    May this be the first of many.

    ReplyDelete