Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Work In Progress Wednesday v.6

Ah, sigh.  So many days (7), so little progress (very little).  Knitting time has been scarce lately, but here's what I've been up to:



This is Mr. Right's Avast (that's a ravelry link, pattern is here), as it stands currently.  That's the body up to the underarm plus one sleeve.  The fabulously shiny coral yarn you see peeking out is for the intarsia butterfly motif I'm planning on improvising on the chest of the sweater, right over his heart*.  Won't that be sweet?

I'm working on sleeve #2 at the moment.  Avast has hemmed sleeves and a hemmed ...umm... hem? around the bottom.  The lovely ladies in my knitting group have shown me a way to pick up the hem as I go and knit it in.  No sewing required.  It's super-duper slick, and if I can ever get the hang of it, I'll post a tutorial here.  In theory it will save me tons of time.  In practice, it's taken me 2 days to knit 4 stitches.  But I'm sure that's just the learning curve.  I hope.  Fingers crossed.  No progress on the socks to speak of this week, but Mr. Right's about to start a stretch of working insane hours through the weekend, so I expect to crank through the yarn for the next few days.

Now, you should go check out all of the cool stuff that's linked on Tamis Amis, the lovely host site for WIPW.  They all knit much faster than I do!



*Kidding.  I'm kidding.  Mr. Right is not so much the intarsia butterfly type.  Doesn't anyone else hold stitches on contrast-y waste yarn so they're easy to see?

4 comments:

  1. Love the color you're using for this sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started giggling when I read the portion about the butterfly...as I am knitting the "Butterfly Pullover" from Knit2together. my yarn is also a dark green. We could have been twinkies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! replying to your comment on my blog...this is a link to the naan recipe.
    http://www.thefoodinmybeard.com/basics/naan.html

    ReplyDelete